Saturday, July 08, 2006

Thoughts...

I've discovered that Intuitive Eating is not a cut & dried method for weight loss. There are many, many ways 'out there' to "do" Intuitive Eating.

What works for one person won't work for the next because each person is unique -- an individual. Therefore, Intuitive Eating (IE) has to be unique, individual, personalized.

One way to "personalize" IE for me, I've discovered, is to read a bunch of different books on the subject, and then pick and choose what works *for me*.

As you can see from this blog, I've been "researching" a lot! :o)

I've read books like...


  • "Thin Within" by Judy & Arthur Halliday

  • "Overcoming Overeating" by Jane R. Hirschmann & Carol Munter

  • "Fit for Life" by Harvey & Marilyn Diamond

  • "Weigh Down" by Gwen Shamblin



From all of these books I've gleaned a bit of wisdom here, a little bit of insight there. And, I think that that's the best way to go about learning how to eat "intuitively".

I've just put in a request at my library for several more books...


  • "How to Eat Like a Thin Person" by Lorraine Dusky

  • "Emotional Eating" by Edward Abramson

  • "Thin People Don't Clean Their Plates" by Jill Fleming

  • "Thin For Life" by Anne Fletcher

  • "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch (had to interlibrary-loan this one!



I'm especially looking forward to the last two! I've not actually read the "Intuitive Eating" book, yet, but I feel I should, since a lot of people that are joining my Yahoo support group are ordering it! LOL. And, "Thin For Life" supposedly details the success stories of a bunch of people who've lost 20+ lbs and kept it off for at least 3 years! I love inspiring stories! (if you have one, feel free to leave me a comment!)

Anyway. I just thought I'd post some thoughts. This has been playing around in my head a lot, lately. :o)

No comments: